Makes 4 portions. About 250 calories per portion.
Tortilla shell ingredients
- 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Dash Salt
- 1/4 Cup Hot Water
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter (eg. Earth Balance)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Vegan Butter
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt together in a bowl.
- Add in the butter, and mix it in until it forms coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center and add in the hot water.
- Knead the dough until a smooth ball is formed; about 3 minutes.
- Cover the bowl and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Turn on the oven, set it to 350 F.
- Cut the ball of dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll out the dough to make tortilla shells. Or use a tortilla shell press. I have no idea why I have one of these, but hey.
- Spread butter over the surface of the tortillas.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Sprinkle on the surface of the tortillas.
- Roll up the tortillas, and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Pull out, let cool, and enjoy!
Not half bad. I plagiarized the idea of tortilla cinnamon rolls from my last trip to Mucho Burrito. The recipe for the tortilla shells came from here, though I didn’t follow through the final step of putting the shells on a skillet. The texture after they were baked was pretty similar, however.
They’re not as savoury as real cinnamon rolls, the doughnuts I make, or pies… but they’re still pleasant.