This recipe is adapted from one I saw on The Sioux Chef.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2½ Tsp Yeast
- ⅔ Cup Vegan Milk (eg. Almond Milk)
- ½ Cup Vegan Butter (eg. Earth Balance)
- Grease a 9″ cake pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat the milk and butter in a sauce pan until it reaches 110 F.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry mix.
- Combine and place into the cake pan. Press down with your fingers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and towel.
- ½ Cup Flour
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ Cup Vegan Butter
- Pinch Salt
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine all ingredients except the maple syrup until crumbly.
- Unwrap the dough and drizzle maple syrup on top. Spread it out.
- Add crumbly topping.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
I liked it. I used a gluten-free flour mix for the topping (the original recipe is all gluten-free), which gave it its distinctive taste. It’s lighter than the other desserts I’ve made recently, which I appreciate. It’s quick to make, doesn’t feel heavy in the stomach, the ingredients are those I usually have on-hand, so I can see me making this again.