Makes four 4.5” tarts.
Oreo Cookie Crust (Original)
- 24 Oreos
- 1/4 Cup Melted Vegan Butter (eg. Earth Balance)
- Place parchment paper in the bottom of the tart pans.
- In a large bowl, turn the cookies into fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Line the tarts with the Oreo mix to make a crust.
- Place the tarts in the freezer.
Sunflower Butter Filling (Original)
- 300g Silken Tofu
- 1 Cup Peanut/Sunflower/Almond/etc. Butter
- 1/8 Tsp Xantham Gum (Optional)
- Combine the ingredients using a blender/food processor/etc.
- Pour into the crust and freeze for an hour.
- 5 Tbsp Vegan Milk (eg. Unsweetened Almond Milk)
- 1 Cup Dairy-Free Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- In a small sauce pan, boil the milk.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate and maple syrup. Mix until fully melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the tarts.
- Refrigerate the tarts until the chocolate ganache has set.
I improvised this recipe trying to replicate the peanut butter tarts they serve at Bridgehead. This did not at all turn out like those – everything was far softer to the point I called it a mousse instead of a tart. Still good, just different.
The crust did not hold together. The cookie crumbs would need to be finer, or perhaps use a flour plus cocoa crust recipe.