I wanted to make snickerdoodle doughnuts after I had spotted a recipe online. Only they called for frying them, which I really don’t like to do! So I did some testing and came up with this recipe for a baked version. The result is alright.
Vegan Snickerdoodle Doughnuts
Makes 12 miniature doughnuts.
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Vegan Butter
- ⅓ Cup Apple Sauce
- 1 ¾ Cup Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, mix the 3 tbsp sugar and cinnamon.
- Grease the doughnut pan. Place a bit of the cinnamon sugar mixture at the bottom of each well. Shake the pan until the cinnamon sugar coats all the walls.
- In a large bowl, cream the 1 cup sugar and butter.
- Mix in the apple sauce.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Press the dough in each well of the doughnut pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 3 minutes. Flip the doughnuts over on a plate or cooling rack.